Monday, August 31, 2009
3, 2, 1..Blastoff!
One of the cool things about living in Orlando is getting to watch the shuttle launches. Whether in person, on TV or from our yard, it's an awesome thing that I'm sure I take for granted. There was a shuttle launch late Friday night. I went back and forth over driving to the coast to watch it in person, but it had been a long day and I managed to talk myself out of it. Steve and I stayed up late enough to watch it and we got Brooke up too. We hopped on the buggy and drove up to the front pasture where we would have a wide open view. And thanks to the magic of the iPhone, we watched the coutdown on the NASA website. Brooke gave a us an enthusiastic countdown and the sky just lit up! It was really cool and gave me a case of the "Mommy shouolda woulda coulda's". It would have been even cooler to see it up close, but I'll try not to guilt myself too much. Here's a picture of what we saw (it was way cooler than this)..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment