Monday, February 23, 2009

A Really Fun Weekend

I am coming off the high of a really fun weekend with my husband and kids. Our friend Alex (who Steve and I have known since right about when we met, 14 years ago) got married this weekend in Dade City. Mom and Dad took the girls out on the boat, freeing up Steve and I to make a weekend getaway of it. The wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun. It was on a huge plantation-style piece of property called The Lange Farm. The bride rode in on a horse-drawn carriage and her dress was so beautiful and elegant. We got a hotel and stayed overnight in Dade City and drove back home on Sunday morning. When the girls made it back home it was time for Ali's nap so mommy and her baby girl cuddled up together for a nice snooze while Steve and Brooke pitched the tent in the backyard and went fishing in the river. By the time Ali and I woke up, they had caught a fish, cleaned it and were ready to fry it up on the camp fire. Their sleeping bags were in the tent and they were ready for a night under the stars. Ali and I joined them for a mini-fish fry, camp fire, and wienie roast. Then Steve and Brooke got snuggled in their sleeping bags and Mama and Ali retreated to the warmth of the house. This impromptu camp out worked out real well for me because I got to watch the Oscars in peace (not an easy task when Steve is around). I was really surprised they made it all night out in the tent. It got down into the 40's, but they were well prepared with all of Steve's fancy hunting gear to keep them warm. Here are some pictures of their camping excitement.


No comments:

Post a Comment